The International Snow Leopard & Ecosystem Forum will bring together heads and representatives of the Governments of the twelve snow leopard range countries as well as of other interested nations with leaders from international institutions, donor agencies, conservation organizations, and scientific institutions.
This high-level event aims to further strengthen the range countries’ ongoing effort to protect the snow leopard, and to galvanize international support for their ambitious plan of securing 20 snow leopard landscapes by the year 2020.
- The Forum as a discussion platform. The summit will allow leaders of the 12 snow leopard range countries as well as the international community to work together and achieve tangible progress in their effort to protect and conserve the snow leopard and its mountain ecosystems.
- The Forum as a communication platform. The event provides an opportunity to raise public awareness for the urgent threats that the snow leopard faces. All participants in the Summit will have a unique opportunity to create new and strengthen old partnerships.
- The Forum as an exhibition area. The Summit will also provide a platform to international organizations, associations and other institutions to showcase successful research and conservation initiatives, green technologies and green investment ideas.
- The Forum as an investment opportunity. Donor agencies, governments, corporations and international financial institutions will find an excellent forum to explore environmentally friendly investment opportunities in sustainable rural development, ecotourism, climate adaptation and green infrastructure in Asia’s mountain ecosystems.
Organizers of the Forum
- The Office of the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- The Office of the Prime-minister of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kyrgyz Republic
- State Agency on Environment Protection and Forestry under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
- Snow Leopard Trust (SLT)
- Nature and Biodiversity Conservation Union (NABU)
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)